Fri, Jan 18|
Frederick County 4-H Camp & Center
Central Maryland Forage & Livestock Conference
Time & Location
Jan 18, 2019, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Frederick County 4-H Camp & Center, 3702 Basford Rd, Frederick, MD 21703
About The Event
Registration fee is $15 per person by January 9th and $20 after the 9th. Checks should be made payable to “Frederick County EAC” and sent to: Forage & Livestock Conference, University of Maryland Extension, 330 Montevue Ln, Frederick, MD 21702 (phone: 301-600-1594). Payment at the door should be $20 by check or EXACT change.
Attendance at this program will fulfill the requirements for Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification & Nutrient Management Voucher Training.
If you need special assistance to participate in the Forage Conference please contact Matt Morris, University of Maryland Extension, (301) 600-1594, by January 9, 2019.
University of Maryland Extension programs are open to all citizens and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression.
In case of inclement weather, a message with the status of the meeting will be available at 301-600-1594.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration, refreshments, visit exhibits
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Moderator Welcome (Moderator: Matt Morris, University of Maryland Extension Agent)
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Weed Control in Hay and Pasture Systems (Matt Morris, University of Maryland Extension Agent)
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Feeding Lower Quality Hay (Jessica Williamson, Penn State University Extension Forage Specialist)
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Are Clovers Worth It and Are Phytoestrogens in Clover Good or Evil? (Dennis Hancock, University of Georgia Extension Forage Specialist)
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Words from the Maryland Delaware Forage Council (Les Vough, MDFC President & University of Maryland Forage Crops Extension Specialist Emeritus)
- 12:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Advancements in Alfalfa Production and Management (Dennis Hancock, University of Georgia Extension Forage Specialist)
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Forage Yield and Nutritive Value of Reduced Lignin Alfalfa (Amanda Krev, University of Maryland Extension Forage Specialist)