Wed, Jan 16|
Baden Fire Hall
Southern Maryland Forage Conference
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2019, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Baden Fire Hall, 16608 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613
About The Event
Registration fee is $15 per person by January 7th and $20 after the 7th. Checks should be made payable to University of Maryland and sent to: Hay & Pasture Conference, University of Maryland Extension, PO Box 663, Leonardtown, MD 20650. If you have questions, please call the St. Mary's County Extension Office at (301) 475- 4484.
Attendance at this program will fulfill the requirements for Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification & Nutrient Management Voucher Training.
If you need special assistance to participate in the Forage Conference please contact Ben Beale, University of Maryland Extension, at (301) 475-4484, by January 7, 2019.
University of Maryland Extension programs are open to all citizens and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression.
In case of inclement weather, a message with the status of the meeting will be available at 301-475-4484.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration, refreshments, visit exhibits
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Moderator Welcome (Moderator: Ben Beale, University of Maryland Extension Senior Agent)
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Weed Control in Hay and Pasture Systems (Matt Morris, University of Maryland Extension Agent)
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Feeding Lower Quality Hay (Jessica Williamson, Penn State University Extension Forage Specialist)
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Are Clovers Worth It and Are Phytoestrogens in Clover Good or Evil? (Dennis Hancock, University of Georgia Extension Forage Specialist)
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Words from the Maryland Delaware Forage Council (Les Vough, MDFC President & University of Maryland Forage Crops Extension Specialist Emeritus)
- 12:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Advancements in Alfalfa Production and Management (Dennis Hancock, University of Georgia Extension Forage Specialist)
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Reduced Lignin Alfalfa (Amanda Krev, University of Maryland Extension Forage Specialist)